Unanswered: Switchboard will not start

Some of databases are setup so that the switchboard opens when the database is opened. The databases are created entirely using Access 2000 tools and the switchboard using the Switchboard Manager (ie no user's own visual basic code involved). On all PCs except one, the switchboard open correctly. On the rogue PC, I get a VB error message on every database when attempting to open a switchboard, whether on startup or by using Open Table. The error is: Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object.

The Debug line is in the FillOptions Code
    set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (typical install) to no avail.

Any ideas please

I suspect there is a reference broken or missing. Go to VBE click on Tools - reference and see if it says missing: Blah Blah.

If not then try selecting the ADO reference.

I eventually cured the problem by downloading MDAC 2.5 SP2 from Microsoft downloads and installing it.

Set con = ERROR

You can simply do this procedure the next time you get this error.

Open the Switchboard form in Design View.
    On the View menu, click Code to open the form's module in the Visual Basic Editor.
    Locate the FillOptions() procedure, and make the following modifications to it.

Replace the following line of code
    Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection
    Set con = CurrentDb
    Replace the following line of code
    rs.Open stSql, con, 1 ' 1 = adOpenKeyset
    Set rs = con.OpenRecordset(stSql)
    Remove the following line of code:
    Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    Locate the HandleButtonClick() procedure, and make the same modifications that you just made to the FillOptions() procedure.

It works as a great solution. Hope you find it useful.