Wink Unanswered: Transaction and Transaction part number Help

I realy dont know if this is a trivial Q. But...
    I am trying to do the following:
    Transaction A part 1
    Transaction A part 2
    Transaction A part 2-1
    Transaction A part 2-2
    Transaction B part 1
    Also I want that when ever I am choose a transaction, I will see the part number that attached to it so I can know what part number is next.

I am realy need a how to do help, PLEASE?

Thanks

Yair

Hi Yair,

I don't understand your question. Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do? The more detail, the more likely we can understand.

John
    ==========================
    John Lambert
    Team Database
    The International Association Of Database Professionals
    www.TeamDatabase.com

Originally posted by jdlambert1
    Hi Yair,

I don't understand your question. Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do? The more detail, the more likely we can understand.

John
    Hi John,
    Sure.

Let say I have a table named tblTransaction. In the table I have a field named Transaction_Number (Text) for example: AAA-P-1234-BB

In another table tblTransaction_Tracking I have a field (text field)named Transaction_Part_Number. The values there need to be 1,2,3,...

The combinations of the two fields are:

AAA-P-1234-BB - 1
    AAA-P-1234-BB - 2
    AAA-P-1234-BB - 3

Now if I have a new transaction for example BBB-P-2222-CC
    I want to be able to give it part number too.

for example:

BBB-P-2222-CC - 1
    BBB-P-2222-CC - 2
    BBB-P-2222-CC - 3

I want to be able to see for each transaction seperatally each corresponding part number.

The Idea of all of this is to be able to report for each transaction and its part number what was the actual work.

I hope that I explained my self clearly.

Thanks,

Yair

Hi Yair,

That explains you conditions better, but I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. (Too bad we can't get together in person and discuss it.)

When you say you "want to be able to see for each transaction seperatally each corresponding part number." do mean you want to join the value in the two different fields into a single column in the results of a SELECT query?

When you say "to be able to report for each transaction and its part number what was the actual work." do you mean you want to see an excution plan for a transaction? Or do you want to summarize other data in the tblTransaction and tblTransaction_Tracking, or other related tables, grouping by the transaction number and transaction part number?

John
    John Lambert
    Team Database
    The International Association Of Database Professionals
    www.TeamDatabase.com