Unanswered: Merge Replication

Hi all,

I've been developing a client/server app over the past month implementing merge replication and am due to release it to a client next week.

I've created a VB6 dll which resides on the client machine and includes the merge replication code to connect to the server (which acts as both publisher and distributor).

My problem is that I've been running the dll code in VB design mode on the client machine since day 1 with no problems. Today, I've compiled and registered the dll and now receive the error: Merge Process (0x80040E08) "The process could not connect to Distributor '[DISTRIBUTORNAME]'" when I attempt to merge with the server DB.

I am using MSDE on the client machine and SQL Server 2000 on the server. Both machines have windows 2000 installed.

Is this a security/permissions issue perhaps?? But why would running in design mode make a difference to running the compiled dll??

Can anyone please help me here - my life's on the line!!!!

change the securitymode

Chnage the DBAuthentication mode to SQLSERVERAUTHENTICATION(You might be using the NT authetication) mode and it should work.We are using the same method and it works great.Yeah you might also want to create a common Login-id on the Client as well as the server with the 'sa' rights for the purpose of Merge Replication.
    Let me know if it helps.