Unanswered: SDAL Car Navigation Database

Does anybody know how to access a SDAL database from Navtech (www.navtech.com)? I have an old Navtech CDROM from my car and I am trying to access the database using java but I do not even know the data format.

Re: SDAL Car Navigation Database

Hi, did you recieve any Information ?

Originally posted by pMan111
    Does anybody know how to access a SDAL database from Navtech (www.navtech.com)? I have an old Navtech CDROM from my car and I am trying to access the database using java but I do not even know the data format.

Re: SDAL Car Navigation Database

Originally posted by hluebeck
    Hi, did you recieve any Information ?
    I don't know if this will help you, but the SDAL Spec is available on NavTec's web side as a 200+ pdf file.

SDAL-Viewer

Hi!

I also want to view the sdl-files from my Navtech-DVD on my computer. But it seems that there is no viewer software available.

Does anyone know how, for example: www.maporama.com), produces the pictures out of the SDAL-databases?

a lot of greetings from Austria!

Provided Answers: 54
    I guess I can't speak for Austria, but at least in the United States we can buy several different P.C. programs with street level maps of all of North America for about the same price as a nice dinner... At that rate, I can't justify a lot of effort to try to access an old map database, designed for a car's navigation system, that I might or might not be able to legally access via my PC!

-PatP

Hi!

In Austria such maps from Europe costs nearly 1000$.

The Europe Navteq-DVD was free.

I thought that Navteq databases are the best available?

Is there really no software to view these stupid .sdl files?

PS: I want to export the sdl-data to jpg-files to build my own map for my mobile!

a lot of greetings from Austria!