Red face Unanswered: Error 3601 - am I BLIND??? Simple SQL Query works in Forms but not as Recordset

Well Error 3601 seems to appear when one sets a recordset Object with table fields that do not exist (keyword 'missspellig')...

But what's wrong with this one???

Set rsInvoices = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM [sqlInvoicesForInvoices];", dbOpenDynaset)

...while the query sqlInvoicesForInvoices works fine when I open in the database window (no form fields references or anything....) or when I use it in any FORM or and REPORT. Just in pure VBA it causes Error 3601...

AM I BLIND???????

This is the Query:

SELECT * FROM tblClients INNER JOIN ((tblInvoicesClientsData INNER JOIN tblInvoices ON tblInvoicesClientsData.strClientID = tblInvoices.strClientID) INNER JOIN tblUserInvoicesSelection ON tblInvoices.strInvoiceID = tblUserInvoicesSelection.strInvoiceID) ON tblClients.strClientID = tblInvoicesClientsData.strClientID WHERE (((tblUserInvoicesSelection.strUserID)=[application].[currentuser]));

Anybody any idea?

Set rsInvoices = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM [sqlInvoicesForInvoices];", dbOpenDynaset)

Try removing the ; after [sqlInvoicesForInvoices] in your sql statement.

Good Luck!

As I can see, you want to return ALL records from your query.
    Why don't you use
    Set rsInvoices = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("sqlInvoicesForInvoices")

You don't need dbOpenDynaset because it's the default mode-if possible.

HTH,
    Dan

As I can see, you want to return ALL records from your query.
    Why don't you use
    Set rsInvoices = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("sqlInvoicesForInvoices")

You don't need dbOpenDynaset because it's the default mode-if possible.

HTH,
    Dan

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Actually later on I really need a SUBSET of that data... trying to track down the 3601 error i just narrowed the query statement and removed all WHERE clauses.... Unfortunately the direct query reference as you suggested does't work either... still the same error... Thanks though!