Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX] SQL30081N

    hi
    We are using DB2 Connect (7.2) to access a DB on OS.390
    (DB2 6.1).
    When we try to invoke a Cobol StoredProcedure on the Mainframe
    database through our java program we get the following error


    [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

    Can someone suggest the cause of the above problem.
    the meaning of the protocol specific error codes above?
    Or where i can find reference for these codes?

    Thanks
    Rahul

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    12
    Hi.

    1.Firstly, please see "Massage and Code" manual.
    There's a description about SQL30081N.

    ex. Server Instance id down
    Exceeded maxagents parameter
    see db2diag.log

    2.Because it says TCPIP cannot commnunicate with Server DB2,
    so you should check the followings ,for example.

    - can you ping to server?
    - all db2 components are up at the server?
    - can you connect to db2 server ( ex. using clp) ?
    - does it work on local machine?
    - how about trying another client machine?
    - how about trying another application?

    ..etc

    3.You can get CLI trace.
    It's easy. Just edit c:\sqllib\db2cli.ini according to the "Probrem Determination Guide" and re-run application.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3
    Hi ishida
    I had referred to the manual .None of the entries match
    Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
    I can connect to the server.In fact the stored procedure also gets
    executed successfully most of the times,but occassionally i get the below error.

    Originally posted by ishida330
    Hi.

    1.Firstly, please see "Massage and Code" manual.
    There's a description about SQL30081N.

    ex. Server Instance id down
    Exceeded maxagents parameter
    see db2diag.log

    2.Because it says TCPIP cannot commnunicate with Server DB2,
    so you should check the followings ,for example.

    - can you ping to server?
    - all db2 components are up at the server?
    - can you connect to db2 server ( ex. using clp) ?
    - does it work on local machine?
    - how about trying another client machine?
    - how about trying another application?

    ..etc

    3.You can get CLI trace.
    It's easy. Just edit c:\sqllib\db2cli.ini according to the "Probrem Determination Guide" and re-run application.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Is your network reliable ?

    I have got this error when working over a WAN secured with encryption .

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by rsinha_12
    Hi ishida
    I had referred to the manual .None of the entries match
    Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
    I can connect to the server.In fact the stored procedure also gets
    executed successfully most of the times,but occassionally i get the below error.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3
    Yeah the network is reliable
    The code is in production

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Is your network reliable ?

    I have got this error when working over a WAN secured with encryption .

    Cheers

    Sathyaram


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1
    Hai...
    i am experiencing the same problem of getting a TCP/IP communication
    problem

    "[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001 "

    has anyone been able to find the cause of it..??
    its the same case here to...with the problem creeping in sporadically..!
    every time a call to the DB2 server is made with a gap of a few minutes in between the error comes up and when the connection is refreshed..it works properly.
    Advance thanx for ur help..
    do reply..
    Prem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •