Thread: Need Help

Unanswered: Need Help

Hello all,
    i've a database that contains information of student in a table, and i need to allow student to has more than one major ; so how i can do this ?

Split the table into two for example:

Student table
    StudentID
    FirstName
    LastName

MajorTable
    MajorID
    Major

Then create a joining table for both, that is many students can have many majors so we create a joining table that looks like this:

StudentMajortable
    SMID
    StudentID
    MajorID

You can create the joing table with either lookup fileds or with number fields. If you choose number fields they should be integers, and you will need to manually create a relationship from studentID in the student table to studentID in the studentmajortable. Make the relationship enforce referential integrity.

HTH

Great, i make these tables and i made a relationship then how i can allow the user to enter the majors in the same form as he/she enter the information , how i know this student has more than major.
    may it easy but i can't get the solution.

Create a form for each table and drag the related forms onto the master form as required. They will become sub - forms and display the information relating to the master record. For example:

FrmStudent
    frmMajor

FrmMajorStudent

On frmStudent open in design view, drag frmMajorStudent from the schema to frmStudent this will create a mixed form of frmStudent and frmMajorStudent in this event frmMajorStudent is termed a sub form.

FrmMajor is used only to enter majors.