Question Unanswered: VBA adjust of Form.Filter and Form.OrderBy causes strange requeries

So I am using some module functions to adjust the recordsource, the filter and the orderby of a form according some user settings (being saved in some configuration tables):

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEditClient", acNormal, , , , acWindowNormal
    updateClientRecordset
    applyClientFilter
    updateClientRecordsetOrder

1. Opening the form
    2. Setting the Form.Recordsource
    3. Applying the Filter (+ setting FilterOn=True)
    4. Applying the Order (+ setting OrderByOn=True)

I am using a procedure like this for different data departments (Clients, Invoices, etc.). However in ONE of them something strange happens:

AFTER THE RECORDSET ORDER IS SET (4.), THE FORMER ADJUSTED FILTER IS TURNED OFF AGAIN BY ACCESS. In other words, the filter is removed automatically ("") when I set OrderBy values. Again, this does not happen in the other departments (containing basically the same code). --- Some special access situation again?

Well indead it was the query!

And the solution:

Object References la "[application].[CurrentUser]" that work perfectly inside a regular QBD Query have to be rebuilt in VBA:

("...WHERE (((tblUserInvoicesSelection.strUserID)=[application].[currentuser]));", dbOpenDynaset)

turns into:

("...WHERE (((tblUserInvoicesSelection.strUserID)='" & Application.CurrentUser & "'));", dbOpenDynaset)

:-)