Question Unanswered: Security in Microsoft Access

Hello,
    I have set the logon permissions for my database, and I am trying to delete the generic user "Admin" from my System.mdw file, so that other users will not Access my database with the generic "Admin" user. However, it won't let me delete the "Admin" account. Why is that??

Have you got another account in the Admins group? You can't delete an administrative account if it's the only one.

Dan

Yeah, I have another account in the Admins group called "Master"
    I actually removed the "Admin" account from the Admins groups.
    Its only in the users group (in which there are multiple accounts), but it still won't let me delete it.

Unable to remove default Admin group

I'm trying to find the Access reference, but you cannot remove the default Admin account from the Users group.

Lightbulb Key is the password

I haven't been able to find the exact reference to it, but I believe the recommended approach is to change the Admin password in the Users group to something very secure and impossible to remember. You shouldn't be using it since you have a new Admin account in the Admin group so I would use the max characters, upper and lower case, and mixed alphabetic and numeric characters.

It's a good idea to have, at least, 2 Admin accounts in case someone forgets their password.

Microsoft recommends that the admin user be shifted to the "Users" Group and removed from the "Admin" group.

Just want to add my $.02