embedded database in C?

Hi All,
    I'm new to the forum, and I was jst wondering if anyone knows of an embedded database in C that could fit on a 60K microcontroller? Sorry if this question seems out of place but I couldn't really find an embedded database forum. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Regards,
    Darren

I take is you are running a cut down version of Linux ??

If so you can do some quite fancy things just using shell scripts

i'm trying to implement the database on a stand alone TI low power microcontroller, nothing to do with linux (that's what i meant by this post being out of place )

would anyone happen to know of any embedded database forums?

regards...

Humm i don't even know what a TI low power microcontroller is

60 K is really small. Don't think you'll find one.
    IBM has DB2 Everyplace and I thought that it had the smallest footprint. Details below:

A Palm OS compatible device or emulator
    Support for a communications adapter
    -Cradle
    - Modem
    325Kb (minimum)
    -200Kb for IBM Sync
    -125Kb for IBM DB2 Everyplace shared libraries
    rws

Re: embedded database in C?

Originally posted by darren_elec
    Hi All,
    I'm new to the forum, and I was jst wondering if anyone knows of an embedded database in C that could fit on a 60K microcontroller? Sorry if this question seems out of place but I couldn't really find an embedded database forum. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Regards,
    Darren
    Hi Darren,

If you're still interested the world has caught up with your desire for a 16bit microcontroller database. Please see http://www.encirq.com. We just ported to the HCS12 in all 3 memory models and have apps running in as little as 20K.

Regards,

Dave Posner

embedded database in C

Darren,

Here is another alternative for you: McObject's eXtremeDB, the first embedded in-memory database for embedded systems, released in September 2001.

eXtremeDB is written in C, and you can license the source code for a reasonable amount of money. Compile in/out the features you need. eXtremeDB delivers everything you expect a database to deliver: transactions, indexes, high level data definition language, and so on.

You can download a free, unlimited time evaluation copy from our website, plus all the documentation, white papers, etc.

Regards,
    Steve

http://www.mcobject.com