Unanswered: MergeReplication: Not ass. with trusted conn

I have implemented merge replication and my client based dll merges perfectly in design mode.

When I compile and register the dll however, I try and perform a merge and receive the following error:

'The process could not connect to the Distributor. Login failed for user - not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.'

When I examine the SQL Server logs on my server, the successful 'design mode' merges show a successful login for a non-trusted connection. The failed compiled dll merges show the above error however.

Anyone got any idea of what would cause the compiled dll to fail when the design version works?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stew

stew,

Could you please describe the role of your dll and its relationship to merge replication?

Alexiville,

The problem seems somehow to be associated with the particular laptop that I'm running my test scenario on. The laptop has VB6 installed and when I try and compile the dll on the laptop, it fails.

Therefore I have implemented my dll and ASP pages on a seperate client machine that does not have VB6 installed and everything works perfectly.

I assume there is something corrupt on my design laptop - perhaps an SDK issue. At the end of the day however, I'm just happy to get the damn thing working!!

For the record, my dll is called and it's classes instantiated from ASP pages running on a client machine acting as it's own ASP server. The dll uses the SQLMerge object to connect and merge with the central server machine either via network connection or using RASDIAL api calls and a RAS connection.

Cheers,

Stew

register the dll using component services applet or mmc (in win2k). you can specify the security context that the dll should use to access resources.