Thread: schema

Unanswered: schema

How are multiple schemas in informix mapped to cognos impromptu???

What is cognos impromptu?
    rws

hi roelwe
    Cognos impromptu is a report generation tool.Here we have catalogs in cognos impromptu that present a view of the database that is suitable or understandable to the user.What i need to know that is what is the concept of schema as regards to informix.What i have gathered is that although informix does define schemas cognos impromptu treats these as databases not as schemas.So i want to know if multi schema concept is present in informix.If possible pls help me out???
    InvincibleSummer2000

Is this an oltp or olap environment- which version of informix are you using ? Informix does not manage multiple schemas - however, it does manage multiple database entities. What is your goal to incorporate multiple schemas for your reporting software ?
    Last edited by rnealejr; 08-25-02 at 03:53.

Schema is an Oracle term, used to represent the user and all of its owned objects. In Informix you just create one or more databases in one server. You than have to grant CONNECT permission to the correct users. Yuo don't have to create a user in informix, informix inherits the OS-users.

multiple databases:
    select *
    from db1:table1,db2:table2

works...
    rws