Thread: Db2start

Unanswered: Db2start

I just intalled DB2 the one that came with websphere version v7.2 but its really 7.1.0.43 anyway, I cant issuse the DB2 start command in AIX 4.3.3.3 -10. I can launch db2 command but when I create something it wont let me cause the database manager is not active. So I try and to the db2start command and I cant from root so I SU db2admin and try it and it just hangs and does nothing it moves down like its going to do something but then it just hangs

Re: Db2start

Have you had a look at the db2diag.log file ? By default, it is in $INSTHOME/sqllib/db2dump .

Originally posted by Nameless
    I just intalled DB2 the one that came with websphere version v7.2 but its really 7.1.0.43 anyway, I cant issuse the DB2 start command in AIX 4.3.3.3 -10. I can launch db2 command but when I create something it wont let me cause the database manager is not active. So I try and to the db2start command and I cant from root so I SU db2admin and try it and it just hangs and does nothing it moves down like its going to do something but then it just hangs

Hi

Does your "db2admin" has the SYSADM authority ? does it belongs to the instance group ? This would have taken care while installing the DB2 on AIX.

I suggest, check the db2diag.log file. If you still not able to find the reason, goahead and re-install the DB2 and becarefull while mentioning the instance owner ID and group.