Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: JRO Replication

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: JRO Replication

    I'm stuggling a bit with access 2000 replication via JRO. The reference is to JRO v2.6 and when doing the synchronization between the design master and a replica database (direct two way connection) I get an error "file sharing lock count exceeded". I up the registry key but no luck. Also, using Windows XP Professional. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. here is the core routine:

    '
    ' instance the jet replication object
    Set m_JRORepl = New JRO.Replica
    '
    ' set teh source connection to the master
    m_JRORepl.ActiveConnection = strMaster
    '
    ' assume we failed
    SyncDB = False
    '
    ' do the sync (bidirectional)
    m_JRORepl.Synchronize strRemote, jrSyncTypeImpExp, jrSyncModeDirect
    '
    ' set return to true
    SyncDB = True

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    147
    So you read the KB article (http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q173006;) and upping the max didn't work?

    What version of Access / Windows are you using?

    I've got some JRO code at work that seemed to function well, however I don't think the coding is the issue. I'll post it anyway once I get to work tomorrow.

    What platform are you hosting the master / clients on? That may affect the issue.

    Also, found this thread that may help:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Data..._20152987.html

    Cheers,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2
    Andrew,

    Thanks so much for the info, I did read the article and upped the lock count to ridiculous levels and it runs longer but gets the same results. I'm at the point where I believe it's the size of the tables (200,000+ records) and have to assume the sync algorithms are doing record comparisons so it's taking so long it just hangs up. I'd appreciate any code samples you may have but for the time being since my problem tables are used read only on the replicas I'm just using code to link the tables then do bulk deletes/inserts. It may come down to using MSDE and DTS packages but I sincerely hope not.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    147
    Yeah, might be the size of the tables. Will get some code for you later today.

    Just a hunch though. If the tables are pretty much read only, how about enforcing record-level locking rather than column-level locking (which I think is the default).

    There's an option in the properties of each replicated table in the design master to change this.

    Might not help at all, but it may reduce the amount of 'checking' that the engine must do during syncronisation.

    Cheers,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •