Unanswered: SQL Server Enterprise Manager and its alternatives ??

Hello,

My operating system is windows 98, and the processor is AMD K6 II .

I want to run a query on my MSSQL server hosted on a server. I want a client to do the same.

I tried M$ site and found that the requirements were win2000 for my local system, i mean for the evaluation copy.

So, for a win98 system, what other best alternatives do we have, could someone help me with the pointers ??

Thanks much for your help.

If any of you has the evaluation version of the ms-sql sp, the .exe file, could you please send it to me via yahoo messeenger/msn/aim..!

I am trying to download the same, but its taking ages to download....someone help me with it pleasee !

Thanks in advance

The client tools run on windows 98 and up - the following is an excerpt from ms page

"Client Tools Only Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 (all versions), Windows Me, and Windows 98. "

What is the evaluation copy for - you say you are running sql server on a server so I am a little confused ?

The evaluation copy disclaimer is probably for the database portion only, not the client tools.

Hii,

I need only Enterprise manager, i want to run a query on my MSSQL DB...to create tables, basically installing an application coded in ASP with backend as MSSQL.

Thanks for any info again
    Any alternatives to Enterprise manager ??

If you already have sql server installed on another machine, then you can use the sql server cd to install the client tools only (which includes enterprise manager) - which will work on windows 98- so I am a little unclear as to why you are seeking an alternative to enterprise manager.

Check out the following link:

ms link

Hii,

Thanks for the links.
    I downloaded and installed the trial version of mssql client tools. I managed to run a query also successfully.

But i have a few more problems as how to do a few things :

I am supposed to create a New User for the database i have created. the instructions to do the same are something like this :

1. Within the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand the tree down to Security.
    2. Right click on Logins and select New Login.

But within the Enterprise manager, when i try to expand the tree, i don't see anything called security, and hence, i cannot proceed any further...?? Am i missing something...??

Thanks for your help
    Cheers

Can you post a snapshot of your screen ?

rnealejr :

Thanks for your help. i got the problem solved. i also got the script to work properly for me.

Thanks again much for your help