Unanswered: how to create and schedule jobs in DB2 using stored procedure/script without wizards

Hello,

I want to write an VB.NET based application that will take backup of a DB2 database. I receive the scheduling information (date/time) from the user through the application. I want this application to call a stored procedure in DB2 which will create a Job , which will backup the database according to the given schedule. Iam trying to find how to create jobs in this manner. References I have come across provide a way using the wizards like command center/scripts/schedule which does not satisfy my need. I have been searching extensively all in vain and I have even exceeded the deadline . I should be extremely happy if anyone could give me a solution/hint/URL as soon as possible in this regard .

Regards
    S.Arun Prasad

Hi Arun,

I came across your query. i also want to do almost exactly same thing.
    i want to create java application
    I receive the scheduling information (date/time) from the user through the application. I want this application to call a stored procedure in DB2 which will create a Job. now these jobs need to be run on the periodic basis as information given by the user. These jobs could be a java stored procedure or a sql stored procedure. i also don't want to use the scheduler wizards etc.
    I am using db2 UDB v8.
    could you help me out .
    I would be highly thankful to u.

Thanks in advance.
    Deepak