Thread: DB2 Bind Error

Unanswered: DB2 Bind Error

A sequel job doing a DELETE process and has been running for 3 hours was deliberately cancelled by the programmer/owner. During that time, lots of transactions were executing simultaneously causing the DB2 to do the archiving of logs. And because of the cancellation request, DB2 initiated the rollback process requiring the system to reload tapes mounted previously. But since not all drives were functioning well at that time, the operators had problems in mounting the tapes for the recovery & offloading of the archive logs causing all the transactions to hang, prompting them to cancel the offloading request. When the offload was cancelled, DB2 terminated abnormally and so with all the processes running. Two of the batch jobs that were executing a BIND process were affected then. After normal startup of DB2, the programmer rerun the jobs (BIND) but encountered system abend 04E with reason code 00C90206 inconsistent data. We can still successfully execute other BIND requests but not the two previously affected jobs. Can you help me find the solution for this? Thanks in advance.

Do you still have the source file?
    Can you recreate the .bnd file?
    rws

I'm no expert on DB2 for OS/390 .... but let me give a try ...

Look into xxxxIRLM, xxxxMSTR, xxxxDBM1 for detailed information on the error . There will be different solutions to different types of inconsistent objects ....

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Roelwe

boysiej,
    Do you have access to the full description of 00C90206? Lots of good information there. You should probably start with looking for the DSNI013I message in the system log at the time of the error which points to which data pages were affected.
    From that you can run the CHECK utility... you may be able to get away with simply (??? how many rows...) rebuilding the index(s).
    It may get lots more complex than that... if it does pay attention to the "diagnostic items" section under the "problem determination" part of message 00C90206.
    Here's where you can find the full Messages and Codes for V6 for z/OS &/or OS/390:
    http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/d...0/v6books.html

Good Luck!
    DB2 Rules

how abt if ...

you recreate the DBRM (precompile) before doing BIND again?

Oliver

Originally posted by Roelwe
    Hi Roelwe!

Yes, we still have the source file but we need to use another plan name if we intend to do a rebind because using the same and original plan name will return an 'inconsistent data' error. We're considering this option but this' gonna be my last resort. The error, by the way, is in our development environment only. These bind plans are in sync with the production and by recreating the bind will cause an out-of-sync, thus, need for a rebind, upload, and recompile, etc....more work needed. That is why i'm still looking for other alternatives. But i still do appreciate your reply. Thanks very much and hope to hear from you again.

Boys

Roelwe, sathyaram_s, sb2rules, oliver, guys:

I'll try to check/do all your suggestions and will give you feedback. Thanks a lot...really appreciate it. More power!

Boysiej