Lightbulb Unanswered: Access 2000 + MyODBC + MySql Problems (help appreciated)

Hello All,

I had found this forum yesterday, and after spending an hour + searching, thinking i had the problem solved, i decided today, to subscribe. Im hoping someone can help me.. Here is whats going on.

Currently, im using Microsoft Access 2000, with MyODBC 3.51, on an MySQL 3.23.33 server.

I have created a database in Microsoft Access, Set a Primary Key, and then created an exact table in MySQL with the Primary Key set the same. I link the Access DB using MyODBC to Mysql without problems. Then, i append. No real problems there either. But, now when i try to do a datasheet view, i get an error saying "Access cant open the table in Datasheet view." and pressing ok takes the "attempted view" box away.

Now, this worked 1 x, but we redid everything. I will explain that.

WHen we first did this, we populated the database, appended, and could view everything. But could not edit anything because Access said couldnt edit this recordset. So after reading, i then rebuilt our mysql database giving a unique, primary key. Tried to relink and append. And now we are back to where i am now... Cant access the table in Datasheet view....

Any help is appreciated. Ive spent hours on in working on this.

Thanks!!!

P.s. i have tried the older ODBC drivers too, to no prevail.

Well, i fixed the problem. By updating the MDAC (microsoft data access components) i got all the problems fixed on the access link to the mysql database.. YEY