help with outlook

I use Outlook for work. We are running exchange. When I am in Word I cannot simply click on send to like I can in excel, etc. It gives me one of three errors:

1. The operation failed due to network or other communication problems . check your connections and try again.

2. The messenger interface returned an unknown error. If problem persists restart outlook.

3. Word couldn’t send mail because of MAPI FAILURE: “unspecified error”

Any ideas why this only does it in Word?? Any ways to fix it?

Thanks!!

Re: help with outlook

Originally posted by runaway2053
    I use Outlook for work. We are running exchange. When I am in Word I cannot simply click on send to like I can in excel, etc. It gives me one of three errors:

1. The operation failed due to network or other communication problems . check your connections and try again.

2. The messenger interface returned an unknown error. If problem persists restart outlook.

3. Word couldn’t send mail because of MAPI FAILURE: “unspecified error”

Any ideas why this only does it in Word?? Any ways to fix it?

Thanks!!
    I'm having the same problem. An article on the Microsoft site mentioned a problem with Norton Anti-Virus (NAV). Do you use NAV?

Re: help with outlook

Originally posted by jvpdbfo
    I'm having the same problem. An article on the Microsoft site mentioned a problem with Norton Anti-Virus (NAV). Do you use NAV?
    Actually, we use McAfee. However, there are only a couple people in the office that cannot send from word, etc. I myself have no problem. But maybe it is virus scanners in general. I will try.

Thanks!

Hey, I got the problem fixed. In my case the problem was that I had installed Digital Persona's fingerprint security software, then uninstalled it. That caused this problem and also made it impossible for me to print HTML email. After I re-installed the Digital Persona software, everything worked fine. The Microsoft tech said that certain software, such as this, over-write certain registry keys and then leave them empty if you uninstall it. That causes the problem. So the question is, have you un-installed anything lately? If so you could try re-installing it.

network error

I receive the message "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. check your connections and try again" about every fifth time I send a file using the Send to User feature. Then I get an error in explorer.exe and have to ctrlaltdel and end Outlook. It does not seem to be NAV-related. I use office XP with Word as editor, but this function does not seem to work when using Send to. Does anyone have any idea what this is about?

Re: network error

Originally posted by kochrichard
    I receive the message "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. check your connections and try again" about every fifth time I send a file using the Send to User feature. Then I get an error in explorer.exe and have to ctrlaltdel and end Outlook. It does not seem to be NAV-related. I use office XP with Word as editor, but this function does not seem to work when using Send to. Does anyone have any idea what this is about?

We had a problem using the 'send-to', 'routing recipient' in MS Word, emailing in our Outlook address book.
    We had to changed some settings in Internet Explorer. Under Tools, Internet Options, Program tab, change HTML editor to 'MS Word' and everything else to 'MS Outlook'... Hope this helps.