Post Unanswered: Adabas Product Info

The official Adabas site can be found at : http://www.softwareag.com/adabas/
    Last edited by Paul; 10-28-04 at 21:01.

I have been to their website, today and before, and also called one of their 800 numbers today. The 800 number person was not very helpful, insisting on only refering me to the website.

I did a fair amount of searching (using "Search") and looking around in the site, under "Education" and "Publications." Publications contains the the $95.00 course units I was refering to in my other post about basic books.

Now, UNISYS, at least, sells programmer reference manuals that are actually fairly short, concise and amazingly easy to read. But searching on keywords like "programmer" and "manuals" did not turn up what I had in mind, at Software AG.

Also, since COBOL and other languages generate numerous third-party book authors who are good at explaining them to a newcomer, I would hope the same for ADABAS/NATURAL. The closest I got in an earlier search was a company whose 800 number had been disconnected. This all is very frustrating.

In response to "anotherob"s inquiry to books on Natural, ADABAS and a few other Software AG products visit www.whobooks.com for publications, training, tips and techniques and resources.

I'm a Natural consultant and have worked several times as an ADABAS DBA (as I was trained). You'll find this database very powerful and easy to use and will love working with its 4GL, Natural. It beats all its competitors, hands down, both in speed and performance. Runs on multiple platforms including NT and XP machines. You should try to reach Software AG for a trial copy of Natural/ADABAS on the PC - you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Been working with this suite of products since 1980 and publishing since 1990.

WH&O International, a division of Meristem Systems Corporation.

ADABAS C Books

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I just found 1 Book from Dieter Stoerr (written in german) regarding ADABAS C on MF. We're using UNIX :-(

You may find hints on http://listserv.uark.edu/archives/sag-l.html

Hilmar Wantje

The link given was not working.
    Here is the working link

http://www.softwareag.com/adabas/

not thre

Quote Originally Posted by rochana View Post
    The link given was not working.
    Here is the working link

Adabas
    the link is not useful....i went to this site,,it was not worth

Visiting first time.I have the same problem link is not working

Provided Answers: 54
    What link isn't working Nathan?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Link is work for me

thank you

thank you for your informations.