Thread: access chat?

Unanswered: access chat?

is there any where to do live chat for help with access?? I am rather new to access been doing some learning tutorials and am trying to make a rather large and complicated DB but would like some help...trying to figure out things like how to calculate values in two fields make yes/no selections change some calculations etc any help would be appreciated

chat

For the kind of tasks you say you need to do, it would serve you well to look into using lots of VBA on your forms. There are many websites with tutorials on this and with examples. I have just made a couple of databases recently and most of my calculated fields are through forms.

Not sure about the chat, but any questions you post on the board will undoubtedly get some good answers

Dave

Re: chat

Originally posted by IHateJam
    For the kind of tasks you say you need to do, it would serve you well to look into using lots of VBA on your forms. There are many websites with tutorials on this and with examples. I have just made a couple of databases recently and most of my calculated fields are through forms.

Could you give me a few good websites to look at? I am very new to the VB world and just slightly more experienced in access (although forcing myself to learn it quick) I was looking into the code builder and other builders in the report section of access and well, the formula ones dont look to difficult but the code ones totally blow my mind.

Not sure about the chat, but any questions you post on the board will undoubtedly get some good answers

Yeah I have seen some good answers posted to peoples questions here although alot just totally blow my mind....
    I had always been more of a hardware guy buy find access a real challenge and am sure with the help of this forum I can learn alot. It would just be nice to know somone to chat with to get those answers faster as I am sure we all hate running into a problem, posting a question and having to wait all day for the answer

Anyways, thax a bunch for the form tip......
    Dave

vb

I don't know any sites off hand, but if you just do a search for:

VB Access Examples
    VBA Tips/Tutorial

etc in Google or something Im sure you will find some.

If you do need help on something and it seems no one is answering you post, feel free to private message or email me (obvioulsy I dont read every post). Not saying that I can help every time, I'm not exactly a master myself, but I use Access loads at work and I'll be happy to try and help

Dave