Question Unanswered: Count in a report

Hi!

I have a report and I need to be able to do a count in the Group Footer. I have one count already which counts the number of occurances of a company name and the other one I need should count from a true/false value. The data is grouped by the company name and for each row it has a true/false value, I only want to count the true values, but my count is just counting it whether it is true or false.

=count([AIPhoned]) -- AIPhoned is type bit, maybe there is some kind of where or countif I could do?

Please help!

Thanx
    Dave

counting true/false field

I suggest you add a field in your select statement, that looks like that:
    Code:
    SELECT ..., IIf([AIPhoned],1,0) AS TrueFalseValue FROM ...
    Then, use that query for the report and use SUM(TrueFalseValue) or whatever the name you use.

JefB - hope it helps

Cool Thanx

Thanx for your suggestion, I'm sure it works but I kinda met it half way:

Seeing as AIPhoned is a bit value, it should equal 1 if true and 0 if false. Instead of my original =count I changed it to =sum. For some reason it outputted negative values ie if there were 2 true values it would equal -2, so I just made it =-sum([AIPhoned]). Which seems to work.

Any problems that I could come accross by doing this?

Hope this helps others too

Thanx again
    Dave

true=-1

A true value is -1 and a false is 0, you could indeed use that, make the sum of AIPhoned, if -10, then there is -10 that are at true, it might be a better way than the one I proposed, but before doing it, make a test with a temp table, you want to be sure it will work well, because I don't know, if your field has garbage, the fact that it is "boolean" will still return true or false, but your Sum might return some oddities!

JefB