Question Unanswered: How to delete .ldb and .mdb ?

We had a PC crash while the operator was in database over network. When PC was restored, the operator could not open the database. The owner can open the database, but cannot make design changes due to "not having exclusive access".

I have copied the database to another location with a temporary name and full access, but I need to replace it back with the original name, but because Access or the network thinks that the original database is still open, I cannot delete or rename the original files.

If I try to delete via DOS, I get a message that a process is running.

How can I get rid of the old files ? The files are on my local C: drive, and shared on the network.

We are running Access 2000 on W2K pro.

thanks
    rick

Smile UPDATE

Was able to delete files after user disconnected mapped drive. Still have issue - everything works fine as long as I do not name the file with the original name. If I rename the filename as it was originally, my network user cannot open the file. Even though permissions are set for everyone to have full access to folder and .mdb file.

I don't know if this will work but maybe the network admin can shut down the network and restart the server and then try to rename the file. That is, if your network admin thinks that will work and if your admin will even entertaine an idea like this.

Just asking: Do you by chance keep regualar backups of this database?
    Don't do today, what can be done tomorrow.