Question Unanswered: Novice Seeks Book Advice

I'm just getting started, having read the Que beginners' book on DB concepts and working through the Access 2000 book. Can anyone recommend a good book or two on standard SQL (not a particular implementation)? I reckon I'd need a beginners' book and a complete reference (not expecting both in one book). Any tips much appreciated.

Do you want a book on db concepts or on sql ? Which database are you using ?

Re: Novice Seeks Book Advice

I'm looking for the best book(s) on standard SQL, independent of any implementation. I know the various packages all differ from the standard, etc., but (probably for that very reason) this seems the right place to start. Besides, who knows which package(s) I'll end up using, as I'm a Green Novice? :}

Que's starter book on DB concepts was really good (though I miss the excellent 1992 one which is O/P). If anyone can recommend advanced concepts books, that would be great too.

Thanks for any tips you can offer!

Check out the following books:

A Visual Introduction to SQL
    Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes
    The Practical SQL Handbook: Using Structured Query Language

Talking Thanks Mate!

Cool - and I see that all 3 of those books are way popular with Amazon reviewers. I'll definitely go check them out - though for the Practical one, I'd want to check the two follow-up titles, since that original book predates the '99 standard.

Thanks 10^6! {:-0

No problem.

Good luck.