Post Help! on MSAccess 2000 Project

I know that in MSAccess with the file extension of .mdb & .mde the SHIFT key can be disabled, but I need help in finding out ways on how to disable the SHIFT key in MSAccess Project .adp & .ade because the environment of my database consists of many tables & I am trying to prevent the user to hold the shift key. Please help! appreciate it. Thanks!

OK, maybe I'm confused here, but in the .ade file, they can't see the tables--and even if they could they wouldn't be able to do anything to them.

Also, I believe the advanced button on the startup settings dialog box has a checkbox which disables the shift key gimmick.

Good luck!
    FlyGirl

Originally posted by gailschipper
    OK, maybe I'm confused here, but in the .ade file, they can't see the tables--and even if they could they wouldn't be able to do anything to them.

Also, I believe the advanced button on the startup settings dialog box has a checkbox which disables the shift key gimmick.

Good luck!
    The Shift key cannot be disabled from the startup settings dialog box,
    you'll have to add code to create and set the application property AllowBypassKey. Type AllowBypassKey in the index field of Access help and you'll see more about this.

Ad Dieleman.