Unanswered: filename.mde is not a valid windows nt application!!??? Why?

I developed an Access 2000 application on Windows 2000. I then compiled it into an MDE. When I tried to deploy it on a machine with Windows NT and office 97, I got the following error:

"Myfilename.mde is not a valid windows nt application"

What can I do to make it run??

What about converting it from access 2000 to access 97 using "utilities/database utilities/convert database/To prior version of access" and then transfering this to the NT box and then convert to MDE?

Do you have access installed on these machines?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

Originally posted by nigel butler
    What about converting it from access 2000 to access 97 using "utilities/database utilities/convert database/To prior version of access" and then transfering this to the NT box and then convert to MDE?

I have tons of form, reports and modules; it is a GUI application. I am not sure about what will happen if I transer/conver all that to Access 97!

Originally posted by Bunce
    Do you have access installed on these machines?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Yes on the NT box, I have access 97 installed already.

hmm, are you opening the file from Access itself (File -> Open), or straight from explorer or a shortcut.

If not, it might be a file associations error. Try a right-click and open with...choose Access.

If it doesn't work from access, maybe the file is corrupted. Perhaps try decompile / recompiling.

Cant think of anything else...sorry.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

Originally posted by Bunce
    hmm, are you opening the file from Access itself (File -> Open), or straight from explorer or a shortcut.

If not, it might be a file associations error. Try a right-click and open with...choose Access.

If it doesn't work from access, maybe the file is corrupted. Perhaps try decompile / recompiling.

Cant think of anything else...sorry.

Cheers,
    Andrew

I have actually tried both ways of opening the file. Both times, i get the same message.

I am really at a loss right now.

I don't believe Access97 will be able to read/open an Access2000 .mde unless you do what "nigel butler" said in their previous post to this thread.
    Don't do today, what can be done tomorrow.

When you do the convert to prev version, it creates a new MDB file in 97 format. The original 2000 database remains intact, so theres no fear of messing up the original.

I have just tried to convert my Access 2000 app to Access 97 on my machine (that has Office 2000 and Windows 2000) as you guys suggested. But now I get the following message:

“Invalid field data type”

“Some errors happened during the conversation. No converted database is generated.”

I don’t even have a clue as to what that error is about.

Any suggestions!!