Red face Unanswered: How to change a MS AccesS DB in to a stand-alone program with MS XP Developer

I have MS developer XP and i want to change a MS Access Dbase into a stand-alone program for friends who don't have ms access XP or any other version of Access.

How can I change my dbase?

Warning i am complete unknown with MS XP developer!!!

First step go into your VBA editor and compile the code, if you have not already done so.

Then go to Add ins on the menu bar and choose the Packaging Deployment Wizard from the list, if it is not already added.

This will load the Packaging deployment Wizard.

Then select it from the Add in menu and follow the prompts.

If you have not used it before it is likely your first tries will not work. You may have to go through and modify your code and or application to be able to get it to run on a the target PC.

Regards

Originally posted by dynamictiger
    First step go into your VBA editor and compile the code, if you have not already done so.

Then go to Add ins on the menu bar and choose the Packaging Deployment Wizard from the list, if it is not already added.

This will load the Packaging deployment Wizard.

Then select it from the Add in menu and follow the prompts.

If you have not used it before it is likely your first tries will not work. You may have to go through and modify your code and or application to be able to get it to run on a the target PC.

Regards
    I am curious as to how this works. Is VB in XP Developer? Or is this part of ACCESS XP? Is it possible you can draw a high level picture for me? I am woprkign on a database that I am almost through with and am interested in this feature. I am heading to school in January but would like to know how this works. Will it only work on XP?????

Thank you for the information in advance

t

Access contains the VBE it is edited when you use a wizard to create a command button for example.

To gain entry to the VBE, you could put your form into design view and choose any object, right click on the object and pick up the properties, go to events, and click on the ellipsis next to any of the events. This will offer three chooses one of which is the code editor. Your in.

Alternatively go to Tools, Macros, Visual Basic Editor.

Thank you . . I understand the coding part (to a point ) but it was the compliation etc and getting it to be a stand alone program that was new to me. Will have to check this out. thank you.