Thumbs down Unanswered: Restore Database

When I try to restore my database receive the message:

"The media set for database 'MyDB' has 2 family members, but only 1 are provided. All members must be provided."

I don't find the other dump device.

Do I can restore anyway??

thanks,

Ericson.

Question Similar problem

I am having a similar problem with a backup of a database that has been successfully running the past two months. Suddenly this weekend, the same error message started appearing for me?

Any ideas?

Red face Re: Similar problem

Originally posted by acg_ray
    I am having a similar problem with a backup of a database that has been successfully running the past two months. Suddenly this weekend, the same error message started appearing for me?

Any ideas?
    I have no succes to restore my database.
    I has create the database again e loses the data.

Thumbs up Same problem - good guess though

One of my customers reported the same problem that you guys were having. I found in his case that he had spanned his backup across multiple files when he made it.

So, in the Database Backup Destination box, he had multiple entries before backing up. Then when he went to restore the database to another machine, he was unaware that he should have had multiple files. This restore file was coded to tell Sql Server that it was only one part of the backup.

In his case, I had him go back to the server and create only one backup file.

Re: Restore Database

Are you using tape backup? It may be that your database backup run across two tapes and it's looking for another backup media.