Unanswered: Sort Order in SQL Server 6.5

Please help me !!!

i have an old database backup set built in SQL 6.5 and i want to restore and import data to sql 2000.

so, i installed SQL Server 6.5 in a machine and tried to restore the old database. Thats the message i got:

so, how do i change the sort-order in SQL Server 6.5, once that during installation of 6.5 the wizard didnt ask the sort-order ????

thanks a lot...
    Oracle 9i & SQL Server 2000 - DBA
    Rio de janeiro - Brazil
    lsantos.rj@globo.com

Re: Sort Order in SQL Server 6.5

sorry i forgot to post the message, here it goes:

[SQL SERVER] The database you are attempting to load was dumped under a different sor-order by id(40) and the on currently running on this server 52, and at least one of them is non-binary sort order

thanks again

Originally posted by leandro
    Please help me !!!

i have an old database backup set built in SQL 6.5 and i want to restore and import data to sql 2000.

so, i installed SQL Server 6.5 in a machine and tried to restore the old database. Thats the message i got:

so, how do i change the sort-order in SQL Server 6.5, once that during installation of 6.5 the wizard didnt ask the sort-order ????

thanks a lot...
    Rio de janeiro - Brazil
    lsantos.rj@globo.com

You'll need to run the rebuild master by running the setup program and change your install options. You installed SQL Server with Sort order ID 52 - Dictionary order, case-insensitive, for use with 1252 character set. You need Sort Order ID 40 - Binary order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual) character set. To see a list or sort order ID's.

Selecting a SQL Collation
    MCDBA

u saved the day !!!

thanks a lot !!!

Originally posted by achorozy
    You'll need to run the rebuild master by running the setup program and change your install options. You installed SQL Server with Sort order ID 52 - Dictionary order, case-insensitive, for use with 1252 character set. You need Sort Order ID 40 - Binary order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual) character set. To see a list or sort order ID's.

Selecting a SQL Collation
    Rio de janeiro - Brazil
    lsantos.rj@globo.com