Unanswered: dbase maintenance plan

I setup a db backup under Enterprise Manager DB Maintenance Plan but does not seem to work. No error message of any kind. It used to run over six months ago but now somehow does not work anymore.

Any ideas/help?

Thanks a lot.

No signs of problems in the Windows event log?

and you checked both the SQL Server log and the Maintenance Plan log?
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Thanks for the reply.

I deleted the scheduled maintenance plan and created a new one just to make sure that I did not miss any error or signs of problem in windows event log and sql server log. I looked for Maintenance plan log but could not find it - any suggestion where to find it?

Again the new maintenance plan did not run or produce any error/logs.

Please advise.

Thanks

if you are using 7.0 or 2k... In EM go to the Database Maintenance Plans object, on the right pane right click on a maintenance plan, select Maintenance Plan History.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Originally posted by Paul Young
    if you are using 7.0 or 2k... In EM go to the Database Maintenance Plans object, on the right pane right click on a maintenance plan, select Maintenance Plan History.

Hi,

I was able to go to Maintenance Plan History and it was empty. Anyway, as I've mentioned earlier the Maintenance Plan use to work until our ERP software was migrated into a new server and I was checking earlier today that the SQL Server Agent was not running at all (I think our ERP provider must have forgotten to start the SQL Server Agent services - they migrated our ERP / SQL - since I know little about MS SQL).

I started the SQL Server Agent earlier and it seems to work now.

Thanks for all the help.