Unanswered: Oracle Portal Configuration

Hi All,
    I have installed Oracle 9iAS.
    I want to try Oracle Portal which comes with it but whenever i try to configure it showes that
    The Portal Configuration Assistant has been halted because it has detected that the allocated Shared_Pool_Size Parameter for the database is not sufficient for the Oracle 9iAS Portal Installation.
    It also gives a solution to increase the Shared_Pool_Size Value greater than 31457280 in the init.ora file of the database which i did and restarted the database also still the same problem occurs..

Any help will be greatly appreciated......

Thanks

I had this exact same problem when I configured 9iAS. It was some tie ago and I can't remember what I did at the moment.

Try increasing the largepool. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

When I get to work on Monday I'll check my notes and let you know what I did.

Oracle portal configuration

I am using Windows 2000 Server.
    Already changed the shared_pool_size in the init.ora file to more than 31457280 i.e to 9000000 but still i am getting the same error message..

The Portal Configuration Assistant has been halted because it has detected that the allocated Shared_Pool_Size Parameter for the database is not sufficient for the Oracle 9iAS Portal Installation.

Large Pools size is: 614400

I have added an attchment of the error..

Thanks
    Sahas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails portalerr.jpg  

To get around the shared_pool size problem, I had to set o7_dictionary_accessibility=TRUE

This allows non-DBA users to access the dictionary tables. Once the installation is complete, you can set it back to FALSE or simply remove the line.

Th problem is that the account used to install Portal does not have DBA provileges and can not see the dictionary tables. Consequently, it can't report the correct SHARED_POOL size.

The other solution might be to grant DBA privileges to the 9iAS installation account but I prefer the safer option above.

I had this as well until I went into DBA Studio to increase the tablespace size for users. There I noticed the instance was not open. I set it to open, and the problem went away.

xrisj