Post Unanswered: heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

i get a message The chunk '/usr/users/dbspaces/dsk51e' must have owner-ID "informix" and group-ID "informix", when i try to create a new chunk. please help me

You need to first create the file that you will reference as the chunk. In Unix, use the touch command to create the file in the appropriate directory - next chmod the file with the appropriate read/write/execute. Last change the owner and group to be informix.

Cool alreday have permisions for the file

first of all excuse me for my english....i hope you understand what i'm asking...
    i already have permissions for this file. this file was used for another chunk, that i deleted. there was a chunk llinked with that file, i delete the chunk, and i want to create a new chunk in other dbspace, and i want this new chunk to be linked with the old file. the previously file is still here with the same permisions as before. i just want to relocate a chunk in another dbspace. so what's the problem?

lrwxrwxrwx 1 informix informix 20 Apr 27 2001 dsk51e -> /dev/rvol/rawdg/raw9

this is the file with its permisions. as you see it has the right permissions.

Hi,
    you checked the symbolic link's permissions.
    You have to check the raw device /dev/rvol/rawdg/raw9
    it should look like this

ls -l /dev/rvol/rawdg
    crw-rw---- informix informix <date> raw9
    rws

i check raw device permissions but all of the devices in this directory has permision like this:

crw------- 1 root system 40, 14 Mar 15 2001 raw9

So. with this permissions there are already chunks created. and i want to create a chunk in raw9 device. do you think that changing permissions on raw9 file to informix, informix is a good idea ???

I don't know how it worked with 600 permission; You will need 660 with informix informix own/grp.
    Only informix wil access this raw device so why wouldn't it be a good idea.
    You'll see, once you changed it, it will work!
    rws

THANKS A LOT! i changed permissions as ypu told me, and everything is OK. but i am still wandering how is it possible the other raw devices files to have permissions 600 to root?

Are these raw devices used by Informix?
    If so, you could end up with some big problems where you 'd have to restore the database....
    I would strongly suggest you to change the owner and group to informix for all raw devices used by Informix.
    Check your message log for errors:
    The message log resides in
    grep MSG $INFORMIXDIR/etc/$ONCONFIG
    rws

i checked the online.log file. there are no errors. but this server woks fine almost a year with this chunks. thank's a lot again. but now i think that's everything is fine.