Unanswered: A97: Special character question

Normally, I don't let my users/supervisors decide field names but in this case, I don't have a say in the matter. I have a field named FILE #. When I export my table data, the '#' becomes a '.' . Is there a way to force Access 97 to export the '#' instead of the '.' ?

Thanks.
    "Doing stuff is overrated. Take Hitler for example. He did lots but don't we all wish he'd have just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

I know that If you want a % to show up you have to put it in twice.
    like Sales %%. But I have only seen that in Reports, not file extracts. Im not sure if you can put in two ## in an extract.
    Regards
    Jim

Thanks for the response Jim. I've tried that already. It results in '..'

=(
    "Doing stuff is overrated. Take Hitler for example. He did lots but don't we all wish he'd have just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Re: A97: Special character question

Originally posted by punkerboy
    Normally, I don't let my users/supervisors decide field names but in this case, I don't have a say in the matter. I have a field named FILE #. When I export my table data, the '#' becomes a '.' . Is there a way to force Access 97 to export the '#' instead of the '.' ?

Thanks.

May care to try one of the following

Char(35)

or

& # 3 5 ;

Minus the spaces (I couldn't get it to post properly without the spaces I wonder why LOL

Someone has been giving me a hand with a program and he used
    Char(39)
    for an apostrophe. I found a list with Special Characters and the # was 35. Hope this helps a bit. I am a somewhat of a newbie but thought it may help.
    Last edited by t_galownia; 09-18-02 at 12:58.