Unanswered: 3 Microsoft Access Questions

Hi all,

I have 3 questions for you all.

1) I have an Microsoft Access Form. I am wondering once a date is entered how to keep that date the same until it is changed by the user?

2) How would I reset my Tabbing Order?

3) I have a user enter a label tag number and have ADA- inputted after the form is saved. But if I go back into the form it will add ADA- again (Example: tag#: 1234 after I save the form it will be ADA-1234. If I go back and update the file it will now save as ADA-ADA-1234) How do I stop this. My Code is listed below:

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

Me.Label_TAG.SetFocus

If Left(Label_TAG.Value, 4) <> "ADA-" Then
    Label_TAG.Value = "ADA-" & Label_TAG.Value
    End If
    End Sub

I'll try

1) I have an Microsoft Access Form. I am wondering once a date is entered how to keep that date the same until it is changed by the user?
    Is the field you are entering the date in a 'bound' field ? It will save the entry if it is.

In the form's Design View , go to :View/Tab Order

Let me think about #3.

Michael

Re: I'll try

Michael,

Thanks for the help on the tabbing issue. On the "Bound field" Question, What do you mean by "Bound field"? On My question 3 I think I should write a AfterUpdate statement, but the only issue is that I don't know how, do you?

Thank,
    John316

Originally posted by mrabrams
    Is the field you are entering the date in a 'bound' field ? It will save the entry if it is.

In the form's Design View , go to :View/Tab Order

Let me think about #3.

Michael