Unanswered: Access on Terminal Server

Is it possible to split a database on Terminal Server? If so how? Please help.

I run software on terminal server. All I have done is split my frontend and backend, and packaged as shared.

On installation I made the desktop shortcuts open the application without /excl in the command line and it all works fine.

CAN YOU PLEASE ELABORATE?

CAN I EMAIL YOU?

Originally posted by dynamictiger
    I run software on terminal server. All I have done is split my frontend and backend, and packaged as shared.

On installation I made the desktop shortcuts open the application without /excl in the command line and it all works fine.

I think the question should be reversed. What are you trying to do exactly?

What program are you running, Citrix or what?

How many users do you have?

How have you deployed?

What version of Access?

Split Database on Terminal Service

I am running Access 2000 on a terminal server. The server is located at a central unit where 9 different sites located all around the city will have access. There will be approximately 50-75 users using it for mainly data entry purposes. I want to split the database to where the tables will be at the central unit and the forms/reports/etc. at the various sites.

I think the question should be reversed. What are you trying to do exactly?

What program are you running, Citrix or what?

How many users do you have?

How have you deployed?

What version of Access?

The terminal server, is it set up as a thin client server or as a traditonal server? That is are the mouse clicks transfered back to the server, or are the clients hosts that file on server only?

The terminal server is set up as a thin client. And yes the mouse clicks are transfered back to the server.

The terminal server, is it set up as a thin client server or as a traditonal server? That is are the mouse clicks transfered back to the server, or are the clients hosts that file on server only?

Then it is simple. Break your database into it's component parts. Frontend and Backend.

I suggest you use a current path function to relink your tables on start up.

I am assuming you are using a packaging Wizard in Developer. This being the case select shared on all files.

Install on thin client with administrator privelage and create a desktop shortcut, and your done. The server looks after the rest, after you have rebooted.