Question Unanswered: Selecting n records from databse with query

I am tyring to limit the maximum number of records returned by a querie to a combo box on an access form. For some weird reason using SELECT TOP n * FROM sometable etc... does not limit the number of records returned and setting the MaxRecords property doesnt do anything either. Is there a function that I can build that would make a querie only return say 30 records and populate the combo box with the 30 records? (I can get it to populate the combo box but it returns many many records still) if you need more info let me know.

- Craig

Bah TOP was working all along its just the data I was using to test with wasnt acurate enough =) TOP was returning the information best it could. It's just i had 1000 #1's, 1000 #2's etc so when I wanted to pull the top 30 out it would return 1000 #1's (all tied for top 30)

I'm wondering in that case though would there be a way to ONLY return 30 values even if 1000 entries tie for 1st place? (eg for the above example return only 30 #1's even though theres 1000 #1 entries)

This may sounds way out there but who knows =)

- Craig

Use TOP 30 query, save it as qry1

Then create qry2:
    SELECT TOP 30 FROM qry1;

Talking

That works perfectly thanks Djoko!

- Craig