Unanswered: Error: 3027 Database or Object is read only.

Hi All,

I am having a very bizzare problem while I am trying to import a DRD type of file. The file is a smiple text file, but has been given the extension for the uniqueness of the file type.

The worst part is that the same code is running fine in the production environment.

I am using only a single line of code to import the file:

DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "IMPORT_SPECS", "TABLE_IMP", "C:\Import\AA250900.DRD"

I am getting this bizzare message as soon as I hit this line.

1. I have tried to edit the registries so that the import Filters and Export filers read as "Text Files (*.*)",
    2. Have tried to unistall IE 5.5 and MS Access 2000 and then tried to re-install the same.

I have been banging my head for this for quite some time now and seem to get nowhere.

BTW, the user is having all the required permissions to the database in terms of Security Set up.

I have had this problem many times. I have noticed that if you give the file that you want to import a .txt or csv extension this error does not occur. There is a bug in Access if it cannot recognize the file as a txt or csv then it says that either the file is read only or the database is read only. It has nothing to do with the actual file. Try renaming the file and see what happens..