Unanswered: Corrupt Database

I think my Access 2000 database has become corrupt. Usually when I run the database it opens a form which I have specified in the startup. But now when I attempt to open the database this form does not open and the database creates a lock file which isn't removed when closing down the database. The only way it appears I can remove the lock file is by rebooting the PC. Compacting and repairing the database seems to have no effect.

Other than creating a new database and copying all the objects across does anyone know of a way around this problem.

Thanks

Depending on the complexity of your application, you may have to defrag windows as well as compact and repair the database. If this doesn't work, then import your objetcs to a new database.

You can manually delete a lockfile as long as the application and access is closed.

How many users are using the database? Are you using the database across a network? If so, that could cause problems. Especially, if a Network Admin is working on the network and your access file is still open. It has happened to me a couple of times in the past.

HTH
    Last edited by SLACKER; 09-26-02 at 20:10.
    Don't do today, what can be done tomorrow.