Unanswered: Db2 Stored Procedure call limitation

The DB2 Command Reference (pg 188) states that

"The maximum length for an INPUT parameter to CALL is 1024"

I have a SQL Stored Procedure accepting a string of length around 4000 bytes.
    Is there any way to override this limitation and still be able to give a call to the SQL Stored Procedure?

Re: Db2 Stored Procedure call limitation

Hi,

For Db2 stored procedures the limit is 39 parameters of each 32k as inputs or outputs you should look into compile options and some other stuff but that is the limit and for sql stored procedures I am not sure about those may be same as above.ANy questions let me know.

From,
    vasu,
    Tech Architect

Originally posted by vdesai
    The DB2 Command Reference (pg 188) states that

"The maximum length for an INPUT parameter to CALL is 1024"

I have a SQL Stored Procedure accepting a string of length around 4000 bytes.
    Is there any way to override this limitation and still be able to give a call to the SQL Stored Procedure?
    vasu

Originally posted by k_vasu
    Hi,

For Db2 stored procedures the limit is 39 parameters of each 32k as inputs or outputs you should look into compile options and some other stuff but that is the limit and for sql stored procedures I am not sure about those may be same as above.ANy questions let me know.

From,
    vasu,
    Tech Architect
    You can define the Parm as Varchar or LOB and it should accept more then that,I don't think why it will limit to 1024 only
    Sujit

The 4,000 bytes size limitation on the parameter applies only to DB2 V5. This is not true anymore in higher versions of DB2 OS/390

Originally posted by bongortiz
    The 4,000 bytes size limitation on the parameter applies only to DB2 V5. This is not true anymore in higher versions of DB2 OS/390

We have used DB2 V6.1 in OS/390 and using CLOB and Varchar data types in the Input Parameter.
    Sujit