Exclamation Unanswered: HELP!! !!Having trouble installing JVM!!

Hello all!! Here is my issue:

Running Oracle 8.1.7.4 on a Pentium 4 with Windows 2000 Advanced Server. However, when I run the query:
    select count(*) from all_objects where object_type like 'JAVA%';

I only get 203 objects. There should be something over 10,000 objects for a correct JVM installation.

All the 203 objects are invalid. When I try to compile them (alter java class "javax/mail/search/SentDateTerm" resolve , I get the following error message that the object doesn't exist:
    ORA-04043: object javax/mail/search/SentDateTerm does not exist

However, my previous query shows that they are there!!

1) I've tried Oracle's suggestions to reinstall JVM, but I still get the same 203 objects. Is there some kind of issue with JVM and Pentium 4's? I encountered the installation issue, but all I needed to do was to rename
    symcjit.dll .

2) How do I get those 203 objects valid?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Re: HELP!! !!Having trouble installing JVM!!

Cleanup JVM first. Then recompile all objects so you know that no other object is invalid. Then proceed with the manual install of JVM. Detailed instructions are available in Metalink (Note ID: 175472.1). Hope this helps...

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by bhsieh

Running Oracle 8.1.7.4 on a Pentium 4 with Windows 2000 Advanced Server. However, when I run the query:

I only get 203 objects. There should be something over 10,000 objects for a correct JVM installation.

All the 203 objects are invalid. When I try to compile them (alter java class "javax/mail/search/SentDateTerm" resolve , I get

Re: HELP!! !!Having trouble installing JVM!!

Cleanup JVM first. Then recompile all objects so you know that no other object is invalid. Then proceed with the manual install of JVM. Detailed instructions are available in Metalink (Note ID: 175472.1). Hope this helps...

Originally posted by bhsieh

All the 203 objects are invalid. When I try to compile them (alter java class "javax/mail/search/SentDateTerm" resolve , I get the following error message that the object doesn't exist:
    ORA-04043: object javax/mail/search/SentDateTerm does not exist

However, my previous query shows that they are there!!

1) I've tried Oracle's suggestions to reinstall JVM, but I still get the same 203 objects. Is there some kind of issue with JVM and Pentium 4's? I encountered the installation issue, but all I needed to do was to rename
    symcjit.dll .

2) How do I get those 203 objects valid?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!