Unhappy Unanswered: ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

Hi

I'm trying to make a update record form to update table records in Access 2000, ASP-Javascript.
    I'm getting the following error, I've searched everywhere for the solution but none of the reasons for getting the following is true for me (I think)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

In the form that updates the table has all text fields with text values and one is list/menu of text value. The value that is passed by the list/menu is the primary key for that table and it is text. Is it a big problem if my primary key is text not numeric??

And also sometime ago, the update process worked but it only updated the first record of the table, although it was duplicating the primary key field. It's weird!! and now it has stopped working altogether with the above error....

And also I've ensured that no information is modifying an autonumber field, there's none. My primary key is text as the table can only have one of those in a tuple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this newbie. I've searched everywhere in microsoft site, asp sites.. (

Thanks
    Sabs

Do you get the error EACH time you update?

Sound weird, but the problem is that you update a key field and that key field already exist and you can't do that, a primary key field must be unique, for example, if you have in your table 2 records, one have the key field (as text) = "one", the other at "two", if you change "two" for "one", you'll have that error because "one" already exist in the table...

JefB - hope it helps

Thanks

Hi
    JefB, Thanks very much, yea I was doing so! instead of just saying that update the record that has that primary key, I was trying to update that primary key field as well... uh
    I'll fix it now.
    Appreciate that.
    Sabs