Talking Unanswered: A quick, easy, but thorough reference site?

Hi Folks,

I'm debugging someone else's (poorly, poorly commented) code here, and while I'm fairly well schooled in programming fundamentals (control structures, theory, etc) I don't have a lot of in depth experience with web technologies. Thus I'm constantly coming across some funky function, tag, object/class or method and I need a way to look it up and figure out what it does and how it's used.

Can anyone suggest a good site where I can look up ASP objects & properties, HTML tags, Javascript methods, objects, etc.? I just want a simple explanation of whatever I'm looking up, its uses, parameters, attributes, whatever is applicable along with some good examples.

Most of the sites I try are alot more complicated than one might think (difficult to navigate, etc).

Thanks very much,

Nat

Check out the following:

4guysfromrolla.com
    asp101.com
    devguru.com

There are quite a few.

Is this asp 3 or asp.net ?

Also check out the following:

tutorials

for a straightforward html reference, see the Web Design Group's HTML 4.0 Elements

an excellent javascript example/faq/tutorial site is irt.org/script, although i'm not sure it functions well as a lookup reference if you're trying to figure out what a certain method does

rudy
    http://rudy.ca/

Originally posted by rnealejr
    Is this asp 3 or asp.net ?

ASP 3.0

.... .NET maybe next year!

thanks all

Those are all great suggestions. I've been checking them out and they'll work great.

Thank you!