Question Unanswered: many servers running in the same host

Hello

I am trying to start two MYSQL servers on the same machine
    I tried to detail diferent configuration files (my.cnf) for each server but it did not work.

Is possible to have many MYSQL servers running in the same machine at the same time?

Thanks a lot

Jalcolea -

Without knowing your language of choice and setup, the answer is a qualified "yes". It really depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to run two servers using two different databases on the machine or the same database? If you're working with a VB frontend, you can open distinct myODBC connections. I do my developemt on a separate machine, but I also could have used a mirrored database.

Check your manual under "Running Multiple mySQL Servers on the Same Machine", (section 4.1.4 for mysql v3.23.51) and look at http://lists.mysql.com for the threads about this topic.

more details

Hello

First of all thanks a lot for your reply.
    The question is that i am trying to have two MYSQL servers running at the same time to test the MYSQL-replication.
    I tried to start the MYSQL servers telling by paramether the my.cnf file to load when the daemon starts. Then , the first server starts but when i tried to start the second daemon with diferent my.cnf file it say that another mysqld is already running.

The next step will be test the MYSQL-replication using two hosts.

Thanks a lot

Julian Alcolea Martinez (Spain)