Question Unanswered: Oracle Intermedia

Hi friends,
    I'm using Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition as database server on windows 2000 Server. My users are developing applications in ASP. Now they want to use Oracle Intermedia for storing, managing and retrieving multimedia files like .avi, image files etc into the database. We are not able to do it. We r using MS IIS5 as application server. Will anyone guide me in this respect and shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Ajay

Cool

You have to install the InterMedia option into your 9i database. Check if it's already there ( go to the UI and click on the installed products). If it is not there install it.

Then add the InterMedia user and schema into the existing database:

1. Start the Database Configuration Assistant.
    2. Select the procedure 'Modify a database'.
    3. Select the available instance among the available list - the instance's database has to be started.
    4. Type the INTERNAL password.
    5. Select "Oracle InterMedia" from the options list and push the "finish" button. If the option is "gray shaded" a possible reason is that the product is not properly installed.

For retrieving the data, you have to create your out PL/SQL or JAVA logic. It is not possible to explain it here...

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA

Intermedia Problem

Hi clio,
    Thanks for your help. But Oracle intermedia is installed and configured on the server. We are using ASP at the front end and IIS version 5 as application server. My queries are:

1) How to input media and image files into the database?
    2) How to retrieve media and image files from the database and deliver them to an application opened in a web browser like IE 5?

I went through the material on intermedia on Oracle web-site. It assumes that jsp is used at the front end and java classes sit in the middle tier. It does not throw any light on ASP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ajay Bagati

Cool

Then, I guess you have to look on the Microsoft web site for more information about their AS. Here are mostly Oracle DBA's hanging around, so doubt IIS will be addressed.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA