I'm using Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition as database server on windows 2000 Server. My users are developing applications in ASP. Now they want to use Oracle Intermedia for storing, managing and retrieving multimedia files like .avi, image files etc into the database. We are not able to do it. We r using MS IIS5 as application server. Will anyone guide me in this respect and shed some light on it.
You have to install the InterMedia option into your 9i database. Check if it's already there ( go to the UI and click on the installed products). If it is not there install it.
Then add the InterMedia user and schema into the existing database:
1. Start the Database Configuration Assistant.
2. Select the procedure 'Modify a database'.
3. Select the available instance among the available list - the instance's database has to be started.
4. Type the INTERNAL password.
5. Select "Oracle InterMedia" from the options list and push the "finish" button. If the option is "gray shaded" a possible reason is that the product is not properly installed.
For retrieving the data, you have to create your out PL/SQL or JAVA logic. It is not possible to explain it here...