Red face Unanswered: AOIndex is not an index in this table

I Created a DB in Access 2000 one of the order entry people start to change entries on a field that was link to another table. "AOIndex is not an index in this table" is erroring and not letting my open the file. I down loaded jet comp and ran it with no success on a copy. Any thing I can do to get any of the tables open. I don't care if I loss the table that was corrupted but the other tables an forms are critical.
    Thank You
    Rod Sharp

Re: AOIndex is not an index in this table

Try to create new DB, then from File menu, Get External Data, Import your tables and forms.

Thumbs down Re: AOIndex is not an index in this table

Originally posted by Djoko
    Try to create new DB, then from File menu, Get External Data, Import your tables and forms.
    That did not work. Just get same message from triing to open db to imprort. Thank you for your quick reply.

Do you have relationships defined for the tables. If so, remove them and then try and open the tables.
    Roger Hampson
    XI - ecs (UK) Ltd

Don't open the database. Try to choose Tools, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair Database... choose your file... If access can recover it, it will be fine...

If not, hopefully you have a back up... as I just read this:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Data..._20325445.html
    Last edited by Djoko; 10-03-02 at 00:05.

Wink How?

Originally posted by xiecsuk
    Do you have relationships defined for the tables. If so, remove them and then try and open the tables.
    How do I get to the the relationship. I will not let me open anything. I think is do to the bad relations. It is hard to get rid of mother in-laws too.

Too true, too true.

I think trying to Djoko's suggestion of trying to repair the database is your only option. It that doesn't work, ..... Who needs Users??
    Roger Hampson
    XI - ecs (UK) Ltd