Thread: Restore on-line

Unanswered: Restore on-line

after restoring database, it get the roll-forward pending state and in the journal the process of restoring is in running jobs, i try to stop rollforward from control center and it finish with success...what happend?.
    I know that restore needs the logs, the backup include this log files??? or i must to specify where they are?. i had copied the backup in the machine i want to restore that.

What's wrong?

Re: Restore on-line

The backup of a database does not contain the log files. The logfiles have to be handled separately.

During rollforward, the logfiles can be in the logpath or specify an alternative log path using the OVERFLOW LOG PATH option of the ROLLFORWARD command.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by psuarez
    after restoring database, it get the roll-forward pending state and in the journal the process of restoring is in running jobs, i try to stop rollforward from control center and it finish with success...what happend?.
    I know that restore needs the logs, the backup include this log files??? or i must to specify where they are?. i had copied the backup in the machine i want to restore that.

What's wrong?