Unanswered: Cursor jumping randomly...

Access 2000:
    Our data-entry staff is having fits...

When entering data into the fields on a form, the cursor randomly and sparaticaly jumps to other fields. The first record that we enter works perfectly EVERY TIME, but after that, the cursor just jumps all over.

I would be happy to share more info if anybody thinks they could help.

Re: Cursor jumping randomly...

Set AutoTab to No (I think this property is already "No").
    Right click the form in design view, and click "Tab Order", then order the control by dragging it or using the Auto Order.

I don't quite understand this, what do you mean by "The first record that we enter works perfectly EVERY TIME"?

Sorry for not being more clear. I know how to set the tab order and have done so properly. The first record entered, the tab key moves the cursor through the fields in the correct order. After the first record entered, the cursor will suddenly (without pushing the tab key!) jump out of random text boxes and into other controls on the form.

Originally posted by perryjm
    The first record entered, the tab key moves the cursor through the fields in the correct order. After the first record entered, the cursor will suddenly (without pushing the tab key!) jump out of random text boxes and into other controls on the form.
    This is quite strange. Do you use got focus event and set focus to other control for some conditions? If you are not using autotab, and using SetFocus properly, and still have this kind of problem... maybe this is one of the Access bugs.

solved

Just a note, this problem was solved by removing a saverecord and refresh command that was running after many of the fields were updated.