Thread: Word Merge

Unanswered: Word Merge

I don’t know if this is possible or not:

I have created a fax cover page template on Microsoft Word.

What I want to do is put a command button on my form called “fax cover page” – Once I click this button I would like that template in word to open with ONLY the data in the current record in my form.

I have tried mail merge which is exactly what I want to do, but, it merges all the records that I have in my form. I would like to only merge the specific record I am currently in.

I don’t use reports, because I cant type on the report, nor can I save it as a word document. I would like to be able to save the faxes for my records.

Any help would be appreciated.

How comfortable are you with VBA? I will try to post an easy example, hopefully, by the end of the day.
    Don't do today, what can be done tomorrow.

I have attached an example mail merge process. The app is MS Access 97. Please read the readme.txt first before running the app.

I put this together kind of fast so I hope it works for you. I did do a little testing and it worked just fine on my machine. If you have any questions, please post them.

HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey thanks a lot. What you have done is exactly what I needed.

Just a have a few questions:

1. Every time I click the “fax” button in the form, it opens a brand new database and asks me to convert and save it – Once I convert, then it opens the word fax cover page with the data from the form – Is there a way to just open the word document without creating a new database?.

2. Once I save a brand new database and convert, it opens TWO word documents – 1. the fax cover sheet itself (with the data in the form) and the other is the word template. Any way to have only one word document open?

Other than that, you got everything right. It is exactly what I wanted and I greatly appreciate your help.

Originally posted by alex8111
    Hey thanks a lot. What you have done is exactly what I needed.

Just a have a few questions:

1. Every time I click the “fax” button in the form, it opens a brand new database and asks me to convert and save it – Once I convert, then it opens the word fax cover page with the data from the form – Is there a way to just open the word document without creating a new database?.

2. Once I save a brand new database and convert, it opens TWO word documents – 1. the fax cover sheet itself (with the data in the form) and the other is the word template. Any way to have only one word document open?

Other than that, you got everything right. It is exactly what I wanted and I greatly appreciate your help.
    I am pretty sure if you reestablish the link from the converted .mdb to the word document and save the changes it will be fine.