Question Unanswered: MSSql 7.0 with InSQL

I am running MSSql 7.0 on WinNT 4 SP6 with InSQL by Wonderware. I get the following entries in my event logger:

9/17/02 4:11:12 PM InSQL Error None 3 N/A HP_SVR_02 File sqlservr: o_query 2643 CRITICAL Exception caught in cQuery::Next

9/17/02 4:11:12 PM MSSQLServer Error Server 17052 N/A HP_SVR_02 Error: 0, Severity: 19, State: 0
    SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 21 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

Can anyone decode the MSSqlServer Error? I have tried the Microsoft KB but cannot find anything for this exact error.

I would visit wonderware's web site and check out there online technical support - since they may be causing the problem. Also, you may want to check which service pack for sql server you are running.

Similar Error Found

I found a similar error in one of my clients' InSQL installations. The error message I received was:

"SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 11 generated fatal exception c0000091 EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW. SQL Server is terminating this process"

Where the process number changed every time the server was rebooted.

We found that in addition to the runtime database and some of the data blocks being corrupt, that the MDAC needed to be re-installed. Try re-installing MDAC 2.5 (The version recommended with this version of InSQL) and see if that helps.

K Mercer
    Siemens Canada Ltd.