Unhappy Unanswered: Cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join

I've been working on this Access project for months now. Just when I thought it was close enough for the end user to start using it I've had problems reported back to me.

Main error:

I have a field we call Oride P/O $ which is to be entered in manually on the form.... however, we get the error message

"Cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join"

I know that I have several tables going into this form, and that one of the tables has my three manual entries. At least the first of these three works. I'm not concerned about the second just the third one right now. I don't understand why it won't let us put in the figure.

Need help in a hurry.... please

Originally posted by baolive
    Hard to tell from the info provided, but have you setup your forms so that each form only holds information from one table. In your case it looks like you may need to use subforms in order to build something that will work properly.

The subform wizard will prompt you for how to relate the childform to the parentform.

Also a possibility to check the form properties and ensure that data entry is 'yes'.

Re: Cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join

Is this form based on a table or query please . . I am getting the same message when I try to update info on a form based on a query?

Originally posted by Tina D
    I've been working on this Access project for months now. Just when I thought it was close enough for the end user to start using it I've had problems reported back to me.

Main error:

I have a field we call Oride P/O $ which is to be entered in manually on the form.... however, we get the error message

"Cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join"

I know that I have several tables going into this form, and that one of the tables has my three manual entries. At least the first of these three works. I'm not concerned about the second just the third one right now. I don't understand why it won't let us put in the figure.

Need help in a hurry.... please

Re: Cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join

Originally posted by t_galownia
    Is this form based on a table or query please . . I am getting the same message when I try to update info on a form based on a query?
    It's happening in a form. A gentleman in San Deigo named Brent who is helping me out. Maybe he can help you to.